۱۳۸۹ بهمن ۴, دوشنبه

Engish Poems

The Tiger

William Blake

Tiger! Tiger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
What the hand dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder, and what art,
Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
And when thy heart began to beat,
What dread hand? and what dread feet

What the hammer? what the chain?
In what furnace was thy brain?
What the anvil? what dread grasp
Dare its deadly terrors clasp

When the stars threw down their spears,
And watered heaven with their tears,
Did he smile his work to see?
Did he who made the Lamb make thee

Tiger! Tiger! burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry

Song of Solomon

Song of Solomon Chapter IV, Bible (Old Testament)

Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair;

thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks:

thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.


Thy teeth are like a flock of sheep that are even shorn,

which came up from the washing; whereof every one bear twins,

and none is barren among them.


Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely:


Thy neck is like the tower of David builded for an armoury, whereon there hang a thousand bucklers, all shields of mighty men.

Thy two breasts are like two young roes that are twins, which feed among the lilies.

Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense.

Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.

The Lord is my shepherd

From The Bible, Psalms

  • The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
  • He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
  • He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
  • Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
  • Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
  • Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Monday's Child

Monday's child is fair of face,

Tuesday's child is full of grace,

Wednesday's child is full of woe,

Thursday's child has far to go,

Friday's child is loving and giving,

Saturday's child works hard for its living,

And a child that's born on the Sabbath day

Is fair and wise and good and gay.


To be, or not to be

William Shakespeare

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them?
To die: to sleep;
No more; and, by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub;
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause.

Spoken by Hamlet in the play Hamlet

هیچ نظری موجود نیست:

ارسال یک نظر